Friday, August 04, 2006

S.S. 3D, CLASS OF 1994/2000 [AFROGRAMS]


Some might say they enjoy reminiscing over the memories of their elementary school days while some people like me still reminisce over my studious days at AFRICAN CHURCH GRAMMAR SCHOOL [AFROGRAMS] most especially S.S.3D, CLASS OF 1994/2000.

I was in central London the other day when the BIG BEN started sounding and my mind went straight to Kayode Oguntuase, who was the Bell Boy Prefect during my set and i just wondered how he managed to beat the used truck wheel hung on a tree without using an ear plug...Bros! you tried for hitting that wacky Bell.
I can still recollect Sanusi Quadri [the best captain on the planet], my amicable captain when I was in S.S.3D, while Toyosi Akintepede was the Assistant captain; I used to beg Sanusi to erase my name from the contingent of Noise Makers in order to avoid the lashes of cane from Mr Omosanya [Mr No Jamboree], who was my class teacher.

Likewise, Fine Art Classes was always fun with the likes of Toluleke Bamidele, Segun Sowunmi, Femi Kuforiji [myself] ,Adelani Taiwo, Somide Kayode, Tunde Abiodun, Odunaya Sola, Jide Babatunde, Suliamon [forgotten his surname], Billy Pedro, Segun Osisanya, Akinade Gbenga, Adeaga Damilola, Lanre Adedeji, Azeez Adeyemi, Achori Martins, Sanu Ayotunde, Jamiu Akindele, Agbokiki Kamorudeen, Lijadu Abiola, Kayode Oguntuase to mention a few with Mrs Saliu as our Art teacher but we're given the option of choosing Home Economics or Fine Art; some chose Home Economics to avoid the tsunami effect of horrendous lashes of Mr Alade [also an Art Teacher] then but we all settled for Fine Art and the horrendous lashes from Mr Alade likewise.

Classes was never boring when students like Toluleke Bamidele [Stainless], Segun Sowunmi [Ewedu], Lijadu Abiola [Akoro], Jamiu Akindele [Jametoto or Yellow man], Lanre Adedeji [Animal], Jide Olateju [Cocosheen], Lara Ojelabi, Deborah Ojejola, Fadiji Abidemi [Gentle gaint], Sanu Ayotunde [Bush], Agbokiki Kamorudeen [Agbos], Akeem [Ago Odo] were always at hand to entertain either by verbally attacking one another, singing in the class or getting into trouble with the teachers.

There are some girls [now ladies] I classified as no-nonsense in S.S.3D then, girls like Patience Peters, Omolara Ojelabi, Leshi Omolola [the girl is really gifted], Abimbola Popoola, Tope Buraimo; to me, they take no shit and it's only God that saved me from Abimbola Popoola, the girl never ceased to tongue-lash me and some of you might think is a sign of love but I bet you wouldn't be able to withstand some of her vocal yaps

Those sitting in the front row back then were Lekuti Sola [this girl fine well well], Ifeoluwa [forgotten her surname], Sola Bakare [the girl is awesome…she's an African Queen], Suliamon [forgotten his surname], Fadiji Abidemi, Patrick Ajayi, Sanusi Quadri [the Captain].
We have so many cool students in S.S.3D back then, although they might indulge in some acts am not aware of but Sola Bakare, Tunde Abiodun [He displayed himself on the platform of coolness, gentleness and steadfastness], Gbenga Akinade, Bukola Akinbode, Alaba Adebayo, and so many worth mentioning.
It was really pleasurable to be in the same class with you all……wishing you all the best anywhere you all are.

Written by FEMI KUFORIJI [Former S.S. 3D Student, CLASS OF 1994/2000].

9 Comments:

At 4:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AdEoLuHi, I'm presently in S.S.S.1A. I think your set must have been very good and interesting compared to what we are experiencing now. Probably it's because of our new principal- Mr. Oyebade. Who was your principal then, your headboy and other respectable personalities?

 
At 4:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AdEoLuHi, I'm presently in S.S.S.1A. I think your set must have been very good and interesting compared to what we are experiencing now. Probably it's because of our new principal- Mr. Oyebade. Who was your principal then, your headboy and other respectable personalities?

 
At 2:55 PM , Blogger Femi Kuforiji said...

Thanks for your comment. I had a great time during my academic orientation at Afrograms under the leadership of Mrs Egbeyemi, the principal back then and Mr Agunbiade as the vice principal. Wishing you all the very best in your academics.

 
At 6:06 AM , Blogger stev4n said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

 
At 7:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Femolala! Adeaga here. I rep SS 3D. King ooooooo! Recruit oooo!!!!!

 
At 7:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Femolala! Adeaga here. I rep SS 3D. King ooooooo! Recruit oooo!!!!!

 
At 12:25 PM , Anonymous Tolu said...

Lolz....I am so delighted to come across this wonderful write up from Femi......miss ya'll from STAINLESS

 
At 9:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like femi, u wrote this write up page, I gave it to you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home